LATTE&STILETTOS


Drama Review: Pretty Man / Bel Ami / 예쁜남자


Dokgo Ma-Te (Jang Keun-Suk) is the most beautiful man in the world. He is also an ambitious man and wants to make a lot money using his beautiful appearance. Dokgo Ma-Te meets Hong Yoo-Ra, the ex-daughter-in-law of a rich family. Hong Yoo-Ra recognizes Dokgo Ma-Te's ambitions and becomes his mentor. Hong Yoo-Ra then gives Dokgo Ma-Te a mission to seduce 10 different women. The women have all succeeded in different fields and Dokgo Ma-Te is to glean their special abilities.
A strange woman then appears in front of Dokgo Ma-Te. Her name is Kim Bo-Tong, an ordinary girl from poor background. She has a huge crush on Dokgo Ma-Te. Can she make Dokgo Ma-Te love her?

Rating: 9/10

To start watching Episode 1, just click the video below ;)


Spoilers! Do not click unless you have already watched it or do not intend on watching it. Thanks!



I am all too familiar with Jang Geun Suk. I first fell in love with him in You're Beautiful and IU is big in the Korean music industry. I knew I had to watch this drama but never got around to it... till now!

When I watched the first episode, I was like meh cause Ma-Te (Jang Geun Suk) had long hair and was trying to act all sexy. Then there is a woman who definitely looks like plastic surgery punched her in the face was playing a desperate and lonely rich woman so I hesitated to continue watching.

It got better later since Ma-Te would change his hairstyle every now and then, Bo-Tong (IU) came onto the screen and most importantly, we were introduced to David Choi/Joon Ha (Lee Jang Woo) who is abbbbbbsolutely gorg. At first, when he came on screen I was like man you're no match for Ma-Te but my heart went a 360 in the middle of the drama. Bo-Tong?? WAAEE? Why do you keep rejecting this beautiful man? who is rich by blood but chooses to live as a normal person?

Bo-Tong is a really interesting character. Super obsessed with her oppa Ma-Te, she goes through so much for him - working for him, complimenting him, and never showing any anger or resentment for him (a bit of jealously doesn't hurt ;)) when he starts chasing these women for wisdom, knowledge and a bit of money. I like that IU can rock that short hair. Having chopped off my hair lately, it was so fun to see her accessorize her hair with flowers and use really odd things as purses (for example, a ..... watering can?)


The lovely sibling-duo! LOL reminds me of my relationships with my guy friends


It's no secret that Jang Geun Suk is gorgeous...


... but this man here??? PERFECTION (still love you, Geun Suk!)






LAST ONE I SWEAR

The whole concept of Hong Yoo-ra sending him women to seduce was all too weird... for a password that she could have just easily given him too. And then when she finally gives it to him, he decides to delete the audio recording and tries to find it himself. I don't really actually get how he even realizes what the password is just because in one episode, he has flashbacks of Bo-Tong and realizes its her?

I was very confused in the middle of all of this when we learn that MG's chairman has all of these sons and their mothers are all different people. Like bro, you went around didn't you? I think the real shocker comes when Ma-Te is revealed to NOT be the chairman's son but rather the evil VP's son that was abandoned. PLOT TWIST!

I don't think the VP was nearly that evil because I've definitely felt more hatred for other evil ahjumma's in Korean dramas. I may the only person who noticed this but one of her double eyelids is uneven and that was the only thing I could focus on when her scenes came up. Maybe I wasn't paying full attention to all of her evildoings lololol. She is a very pretty ahjumma though.


Bo-Tong and Ma-Te a year after everything! I love her straighter hair

The drama ended the way it was supposed to. Oppa Ma-Te said some sentimental things to his real omma, the evil VP and kind of wrapped that up. Ma-Te also finally kissed Bo-Tong (A lame kiss, come on Kdramas, it's time to step it up and do it like the Taiwanese ones) and proposed. Team Leader Choi also picked up a girl, literally... on the side of the road who likes glamping as much as he does! Yay happy endings :D Except, I think it is implied MG's chairman doesn't make it but we don't worry about that since we're too focused on the love stories.

As always, I end my posts with my FAVOURITE song from the OST, by the one and the only handsome Lee Jang Woo (aka Team Leader Choi)


Have you watched this? Let me know your thoughts!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi, I'm Tracy - welcome to my blog! I like to talk about Asian dramas and Korean Pop. Feel free to leave a comment or connect with me via my social media links. Enjoy your stay

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments:

  1. Hair Extensions ebay


    We specialize in selling hair extensions and wigs in the U.S. We provide great quality products with affordable price. Hope you can find favorite items from our store. Enjoy shopping and have a beautiful day.


    https://www.ebay.com/usr/kinbe_0?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

    ReplyDelete