LATTE&STILETTOS


Drama Review: Love Rain / 사랑비


"Love Rain" depicts a 1970's pure love and a love from the present day at the same time. It shows how the children of a previous ill-fated couple, who met in the 1970s, managed to meet and fall in love. Seo In Ha and Kim Yoon Hee, an art student and a shy beauty, met and fell in love with each other during college in the 1970s but unfortunately their love was fated to never be. Now in the present 21st century Korea, Seo In Ha's son, Seo Joon (a liberal photographer) meets and falls in with the daughter of Kim Yoon Hee, Jung Ha Na, a cheerful and energetic girl who's personality is different from her mother's. Will their love for each other keep them together or will they have to face the same fate as their parents?

Rating: 8/10

Spoilers! Do not click unless you have already watched it or do not intend on watching it. Thanks!



A friend of mine recommended me this a while back and I had tried watching it but it put me to sleep so I said nah and moved on with my life. Came back to watch it because of Jang Geun Suk... but this time skipped to Episode 3. Yes, I have an attention span of a 3 year old.

I really enjoyed this drama and I was utterly surprised at Im Yoon Ah's acting as she's an entertainer from the fabulous Girls Generation. I just don't usually have my hopes up for singers acting. She depicted both characters really well. Jang Geun Suk was fabulous as usual although his character felt really familiar... then I realized it must be because he always plays assholes turned prince charming LMAO. True story.

It was just really tragic that the older couple - In Ha and Yoon Hee never really got their happy ending. I mean couldn't they have just been together unmarried and have their kids still be together? I guess in Korean culture, it would not be acceptable. It was just hard understanding from a person who was born in North America - why we couldn't have both worlds and have them both happy in their relationship.

I cannot be the only one who secretly hoped that Ha Na and Sun Ho had a chance right??? I mean, deep inside I knew it wasn't happening because Sun Ho is a loyal friend to Seo Joon but... damn the boy is cute :3


Any girl's mother would cry inside if their daughter brought home this doctor ;)

The woman who played older Hye Jung was good. I know because I hated her. So. So. Much. I mean god, this woman just did not back off. She loves her son and wants her son to be around her - so I mean the logical thing to do is pretend to be nice to Ha Na and be on your son's good side? Wait, no. I guess I'm just evil. On second thought, I'm glad she stayed true to herself... :D?

I finished watching this I think a week and a half ago + I have a bad memory so I can't remember anything else. Please recommend me some Taiwanese/Korean dramas. I finally am off work and have time to watch, woohoo! As always, here's a song from the OST to end off the post :)


Happy Holidays!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi, I'm Tracy - welcome to my blog! I like to talk about Asian dramas and Korean Pop. Feel free to leave a comment or connect with me via my social media links. Enjoy your stay

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment