LATTE&STILETTOS


Mary Stayed Out All Night / Marry Me, Mary / 매리는 외박중


Synopsis: Wi Mae Ri is the cheerful, pragmatic daughter of a failed businessman who had grown used to being constantly on the move to escape from debtors. She becomes fast friends with the free-spirited indie singer Kang Moo Kyul when she nearly ran him over in a car. Meanwhile, her father Wi Dae Han is saved from his debtors by his old friend, Jung Suk, who had just returned from considerable success in the Japanese entertainment industry. Jung Suk, who had harboured a secret love for Mae Ri's mother, sets up a deal with Dae Han to have Mae Ri marry his son, Jung In. Desperate to escape this predicament, Mae Ri begs Moo Kyul to pose as her husband, and finds herself in even more trouble than before when her father proposes a 100-day period in which she has to divide her time equally between Moo Kyul and Jung In, after which she has to decide who to marry.

Rating: 5/10

Spoiler alert! Don't click unless you've already watched it or don't plan on watching


At first, the story seemed interesting and I was cheering on Moo Kyul. I fell in love with Jang Geun Suk in You're Beautiful, but I'm not a fan of his long hair! Not super short but medium-short hair looks way better on him. As the drama went on and we got to know the Director more, I began to take his side. Wealthy, handsome, caring... why did Wi Mae Ri not fall in love with him? It didn't make sense! Kinda unrealistic, if you ask me.

Although Wi Mae Ri's father claimed that the reason he wanted her to marry the Director wasn't because of money or his debt, it just seemed that way throughout the whole drama. The Director's father was even worse. It was just a slew of characters that I didn't like. I was really hoping for the Director and Wi Mae Ri to be together because they had a few very cute moments (but I knew that would not happen). Like when she and the Director woke up with their hair a mess and walked out to the living room at the same time. Idk... did not like this drama that much at all.

I will say that it's quite a change to see Moon Geun Young as a cheerful character since the first time I saw her was in Cinderella's Stepsister and she was reallyyyy depressing lol. Another thing is Mae Ri saw Moo Kyul kiss Seo Joon and didn't confront him or get upset, but suddenly when the Director hugs Mae Ri, it's the end of the world for Moo Kyul. This is why I don't like his character!

Anyway, that's all from me. Not a fan of the drama. Just a lot of "why? what? HUH" I do very much enjoy Korean OSTs though so here's a song from the drama that I like :)

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi, I'm Tracy - welcome to my blog! I like to talk about Asian dramas and Korean Pop. Feel free to leave a comment or connect with me via my social media links. Enjoy your stay

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment