LATTE&STILETTOS


Drama Review: You're Beautiful / 미남이시네요


Synopsis: The management company of the idol group A.N.JELL insisted on adding a new singer to the group as the lead vocal, Tae Kyung's voice was hurting. However,the new member, Mi Nam, had to go to the States to repair a botched eye job just before signing the contract. His agent came up with the idea of having his twin sister, Mi Nyu,to stand in for him and pretend that she was her brother. The two of them grew up in an orphanage and Mi Nyu, who was all set to become a nun, agreed to this charade as she didn't want to spoil her brother's chance of fame which would make it easier to look for their mother.

Rating: 9.5/10

Heavy spoilers. Do not click unless you do not plan on watching the drama or have already watched it



I still consider myself a noob when it comes to Korean dramas although I have to say I really love them! I wish I discovered this earlier!!! My Korean friend had suggested this to me and when I read the synopsis, I immediately thought "Whoa sounds exactly like Kpop Extreme Survival" which I did a review on earlier. Very similar concept but this one is BY far better. (also if there are any idol-like Korean dramas, please let me know. I love these types)

Once the first episode was over, I was HOOKED and thought to myself, damn hello late nights! I finished this within 3 days because it was that good. Let's take a look at our characters!

Jang Geun Suk as Hwang Tae Kyung - He is the lead vocalist of A.N.JELL who is a bit of an asshole and one that is worshipped the most by his fans. I immediately fell in love with this character (I tend to do so with asshole characters because we soon discover they have an adorable, sweet side) This is the first drama I've seen Geun Suk in and I think I will give Love Rain a try to see more of him! Also, the eyeliner and hairstyle suits him so well. I love these Asian guy hairstyles!


Park Shin Hye as Go Mi Nam / Go Mi Nyeo - Go Mi Nam & Go Mi Nyeo are identical twins that are never seen together. We don't know or see much of the real Go Mi Nam as he is already in the States at the beginning of the drama but Go Mi Nyeo is a nun in training and therefore very naive to many things. She is begged to pretend to be her twin brother to sign a contract with AN Entertainment and ends up posing as him.

She kind of reminds me of Taiwanese actress Ivy Chen (Skip Beat) and Korean actress Koo Hye Sun (Boys Over Flowers, Absolute Boyfriend) so although this is the first time I've seen her in a drama, her acting felt very familiar!




We never see a clear picture of the ~real~ Go Mi Nam :(

Jung Yong Hwa as Kang Shin Woo - Although there were a lot of fans of this show that wanted Shin Woo and Go Mi Nyeo to end up together, I did not want that. In fact everytime he did something romantic, I was like NOOOOOO. OTP for me in this drama is Tae Kyung & Mi Nyeo! :)



Lee Hong Ki as Jeremy - Cute. Adorable. Hilarious. Those are just a few words that sum up Jeremy. I had a feeling he liked Mi Nyeo but didn't know the extent of it until that scene on the bus where he sang that song dedicated for her. How did all 3 boys fall in love with her??? Crazy.



Uee as Yoo He Yi - From the moment I saw her character crying for a little child and being photographed, I KNEW it was fake. When she reveals herself for being a "fake fairy" as Tae Kyung calls her, I was like "I KNEW IT!!!!!" lol victorious moment for me. I hated her basically as did everyone who watched this drama. Her acting isn't bad for her first major role in a drama.



Honourable Mention goes to Mi Nam's manager, Kim In Kwon as Ma Hoon Yi - Such a hilarious guy lol he added a special kind of funny to the show! Couldn't imagine the show without him!



As I mentioned before, I really like this show and was SO sad when it ended and I wasn't gonna be able to see Tae Kyung and Mi Nyeo together more, however I wished they had done something more. I really wish we saw the interaction between Mi Nam and Mi Nyeo. I understand they were both played by Park Shin Hye but even a little conversation and trick camera angles would have done it for me. Mi Nyeo did so much for Mi Nam, it would have been nice to see some sort of conversation with Mi Nam thanking his sister, you know?

Also, ending was not enough for me. I want to know what happens after she comes back from Africa. I wish there were more coupley scenes between Tae Kyung and Mi Nyeo because they're an adorable pairing.


The OST for this drama is amazing. "Without Words" is an incredibly beautiful song and I wish I could speak Korean to sing it! haha. That is it from me, what did you guys think of the drama? (I'm assuming everyone in the world has watched this because I'm 3 years late lol)

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi, I'm Tracy - welcome to my blog! I like to talk about Asian dramas and Korean Pop. Feel free to leave a comment or connect with me via my social media links. Enjoy your stay

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments:

  1. You speak my mind. I got hooked immediately in the 1st episode. The whole story so funny, hilarious, and also deep.
    I love the whole casts, all completed each other perfectly and everyone shines, none left behind.
    I've rewatched this drama so many times, I lost count. It always manages to make me smile and laugh again.
    And this drama that got me to Jang Keun Suk and become his fans ever since.

    ReplyDelete